Modified Starch Market Outlook To 2024: Key Raw Material Categories (Corn, Potato, Wheat, Cassava), Function (Stabilizers, Binders, Thickeners, Emulsifiers), Application (Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Animal feed, Textile, Cosmetics), Regional Segmentation, Competitive Dynamics, Pricing Analysis (OPP, IPP, RAP) And Segment Forecast
June 21, 2017, Tampa, Florida – Global modified starch market is expected to reach USD 14.7 billion by 2024, according to a new research study published by Ameri Research. Rising modified starch derivatives consumption in end-use industries such as food & beverages and paper making is anticipated to drive demand. Strong growth in demand for packaged and convenience foods across developing countries of Asia Pacific is a key factor propelling market growth.
Increasing application scope in end-use industries such as animal feed and pharmaceuticals is expected to compliment overall industry growth further. Modified starches are deployed to perform functions such as thickeners, binders, stabilizers, and emulsifiers, specifically in food & beverages applications. Upgraded packaging and food processing technologies have also stimulated the demand in developed economies such as North America and Europe.
Cassava starch is being extensively used as a thickener and stabilizer in puddings, breads, fruit pies, sauces and meat. The raw material segment is projected to exhibit a moderate growth rate of 5.7% from 2017 to 2024. It is also used as a group of baked or gelatinized products or manufactured into dextrins or glucose.
Click the link below to view the report description: – https://www.ameriresearch.com/product/modified-starch-market-outlook-2024
Key findings from the study: –
- Stabilizers segment is anticipated to emerge as the fastest growing function due to its ability to hold ingredients together bound by emulsifiers in food products
- North America was the largest regional market in 2016. However, Asia Pacific emerged as the fastest growing region due to increasing demand for balanced and healthy diet among working population in countries such as China, India, Malaysia, Thailand and South Korea.
- Paper making was the second leading application segment and is expected to account for considerable market share by 2024. Strong writing paper demand from schools, offices, and universities is a key factor expected to fuel modified starch demand over the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the market include Tate & Lyle, Archer Daniels Midland, Grain Processing Corporation, Siam Modified Starch Co. Ltd, Cargill Inc., Avebe U.A., Samyang Genex Corp., Agrana Beteiligungs, Global Bio-Chem Technology Group Company Limited, and Ulrick & Short Ltd.
- Significant demand for natural food ingredients in packaged as well as convenience food is driving the demand for modified starch in developed economies of North America and Europe
- Modified Starch Market by Raw Material (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million)
- Modified Starch Market by Function (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million)
- Modified Starch Market by Application (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million)
- Food & Beverages
- Animal feed
- Paper Making
- Modified Starch Market by Region (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- North America